Zimbabwe Weather Report & Forecast: 29 To 31 August 2021
29 August 2021
ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON SUNDAY 29 AUGUST 2021 VALID UNTIL TUESDAY 31 AUGUST 2021.
Today, it was cloudy, cold and drizzly over areas along and south of the main watershed, namely Bulawayo Metropolitan, Matabeleland South. southern areas of the Midlands (Mberengwa, Zvishavane, Shurugwi, Gweru and Chirumhanzu Districts), southern areas of Mashonaland East (Chikomba, Hwedza and Marondera Districts), Masvingo and Manicaland Provinces. The rest of the country was mostly sunny and warm by day with a slight haze.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW MONDAY 30 AUGUST 2021
Brief cloudy periods and mild daytime conditions are expected over Manicaland, Mashonaland East into the southern parts of Nlasvingo (Bikita, Chiredzi and parts of Gutu District). Harare Metropolitan and lillashonaland Central (Rushinga, Mount Darwin, Shamva, Bindura and Muzarabani). All other areas should be mostly sunny, with warm and hazy weather in provinces such as Mashonaland West, Matabeleland North; while Matabeleland South, Bulawayo Metropolitan and Midlands are anticipated to be mild by noon. It should become cool countrywide toward evening.
Featured ProductDstv and Openview Satellite Dish installation in and around Harare
• HIGH FIRE DANGER SEASON: Seemingly small and manageable fires can easily go out of control during this period. Dry conditions cause vegetation to be highly susceptible to forest fires.
• While land preparations are very vital at this stage, those engaged in such on-farm and other outdoor activities are reminded that it is a crime to start veldt fires.
• The air-to-dust ratio in the atmosphere, at this time of the year, is heightened; as such people with respiratory challenges/predispositions such as asthma, hay fever and other allergies may be affected.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
• All farmers including urban farmers are urged to reduce the amount of grass on their farms and residential properties through hay baling, thatch, and broom grass harvesting as a fire prevention measure.
• The public is urged to safeguard against the spreading of wildfires through constructing fire-guards that are maintained free from combustible matter and arc at least 9 (nine) meters wide.
• Antihistamines, respirators or inhalers should be on standby for those prone to respiratory illnesses. School children are urged to wear masks, always maintain social distance at school and play.
TEMPERATURES FOR THE MAIN CITY CENTRES
|Max today|| |
FORECAST OF TOMORROW'S WEATHER IN HOLIDAY RESORTS
| ||TEMP: Min||TEMP: Max|
|VICTORIA FALLS:||Sunny, hazy and warm||12||30|
|KARIBA:||Sunny and warm||17||32|
|GREAT ZIMBABWE:||Mostly sunny and mild||12||25|
|NYANGA:||Partly cloudy and mild||10||18|
|VUMBA:||Partly cloudy and mild||12||22|
|MATOPOS:||Mostly sunny and mild||10||23|
|CHIMANIMANI:||Partly cloudy and mild||10||19|
WEATHER FORECAST TUESDAY 31 AUGUST 2021
Sunny, hazy and warm daytime conditions are expected over the entire country. However, morning and evening should be cool with a slight breeze in places.