Zimbabwe Weather Report & Forecast: 08 To 10 September 2021
8 September 2021
ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON WEDNESDAY 08 SEPTEMBER 2021 VALID UNTIL FRIDAY 10 SEPTEMBER 2021.
Featured ProductDstv and Openview Satellite Dish installation in and around Harare
Cloudy and windy conditions prevailed in Matabeleland South, Masvingo, southern parts of Manicaland and southern parts of the Midlands provinces with slight drizzle reported at West Nicholson, Zaka and Masvingo.
The remaining provinces were dominated by clear skies, hazy and hot afternoon conditions.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW THURSDAY 09 SEPTEMBER 2021.
Masvingo, Manicaland and Mashonaland East Province are expected to be cloudy and cool with patchy morning drizzle. It should become less cloudy and mild by midday.
The rest of the country is expected to start off with clear skies and cool weather; it should be hot in the afternoon.
- Fire Danger Rating is significant, and small fires have the potential to cause uncontrollable veld fires during this period.
- While land preparations are very vital at this stage, those engaged in such on-farm and other outdoor activities are reminded that it is illegal to start veld fires.
- The air-pollutant level is high at this time of the year, as such people with respiratory challenges/predispositions such as asthma, hay fever and other allergies may be affected.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
- All farmers (urban and rural) are urged to reduce the amount of grass on their farms and residential properties through hay baling, thatch, and broom grass harvesting as a fire prevention measure.
- The public is urged to safeguard against the spreading of wildfires by constructing fireguards that are maintained free from combustible matter and are at least 9 (nine) meters wide.
- Antihistamines, respirators or inhalers should be on standby for those prone to respiratory illnesses.
- School children are urged to wear a mask, always maintain social distance at school and play.
WEATHER FORECAST FRIDAY 10 SEPTEMBER 2021
Southern provinces; Matabeleland South, southern parts of Midlands, Masvingo, Manicaland and Mashonaland East; are expected to have brief cloudy and cool morning conditions with a chance of patchy drizzle in some places. It is anticipated to be mostly sunny and hot in all other provinces during the day.
PRODUCED BY: The Meteorological Services Department IN CONJUNCTION WITH the Department of Civil Protection.