Zimbabwe Weather Report And Forecast – 03-05 October 2021
4 October 2021
ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON SUNDAY 03 OCTOBER 2021 VALID UNTIL TUESDAY 05 OCTOBER 2021.
Scattered thunderstorms and rain occurred in several places across the country yesterday. Some of the highest rainfalls were measured in some places such as Gokwe (13mm), Chinhoyi (12mm), Kwekwe (9mm), Gweru (8mm) and Nkayi (5mm). This afternoon, thunderstorms with rain occurred in some places in all Matabeleland, Bulawayo Metropolitan, southern parts of Midlands, Masvingo and Manicaland provinces. The atmosphere is still very humid.
MONDAY 04 OCTOBER 2021.
Morning rain and drizzle with cool south-easterly airflow is expected in some places of Matabeleland South, southern parts of Midlands, Masvingo and southern parts of Manicaland provinces. The remaining parts of the country should be mostly cloudy with a chance of thunder-showers in the afternoon.
Featured ProductsAdvertise your products on Pindula for free
• Lightning and strong winds are potential threats during thunderstorms.
• The back of open trucks or tractors is unsafe to ride in during a storm as the external frame acts as a lightning conductor.
• While land preparations are very vital at this stage, those engaged in such on-farm and other outdoor activities are reminded that it is illegal to start veldt fires.
• Do not ride at the back of an open truck/tractor even when the storm seems distant. If you see lightning and cannot count 30 seconds before you hear thunder, then the storm is too close.
• When thunder roars it is always advisable to seek shelter in a house or enclosed building that is earthed. Remain indoors for at least 30 minutes after the last rumble of thunder. #30-30Rule
• Do not hide under trees or isolated sheds as these have a high potential of being struck by lightning.
• Put out any fires found in open veldts and along road-sides. Do not leave any fire unattended.
• Constantly follow the weather updates on the official platform in the footer of this page. Be Weather-Ready and Always Prepared.
TEMPERATURES FOR THE MAIN CITY CENTRES (°C)
|Max today|| |
FORECAST OF TOMORROW'S WEATHER IN HOLIDAY RESORTS TEMPERATURES
|VICTORIA FALLS:||Partly cloudy with thunderstorms||20||35|
|KARIBA:||Mostly sunny with a slight chance of showers||25||36|
|GREAT ZIMBABWE:||Partly cloudy with thundershowers||15||30|
|NYANGA:||Mostly sunny with a slight chance of showers||15||20|
|VUMBA:||Mostly sunny with a slight chance of showers||15||23|
|MATOPOS:||Partly cloudy with thunderstorms||16||28|
|CHIMANIMANI:||Mostly sunny with a slight chance of showers||14||22|
WEATHER FORECAST TUESDAY 05 OCTOBER 2021
It is expected to be cloudy and windy: with morning drizzle and rain probable in Matabeleland South, Bulawayo Metropolitan, southern parts of Midlands, Masvingo and Manicaland provinces. Northern Provinces of the country (Harare Metropolitan, all Mashonaland, northern parts of Midlands and Matabeleland North provinces) should be mostly cloudy with a chance of afternoon showers.