Writing in English should be enjoyed as it is an opportunity to use the best English words and phrases. However, it is important not to forget that in your answers the examiners are looking for:
Correctness of grammar, punctuation, and spellings
Well made and varied sentences
A piece of writing that shows the management of structure and tidiness.
A good essay structure is made easier by prior planning.
- Make it clear how you are going to address the question, where you are going, and why.
- Set out your main ideas clearly making it clear how the main ideas relate to each other.
- Take the reader through your answer in a logical, progressive way.
- Help the reader to remember what you have said.
- Organize groups of related information in paragraphs.
- Use connecting words and phrases to relate each point/idea
A model essay structure
- Arouse the reader’s interest
- Set the scene
- Explain how you interpret the question set
- Define or explain key terms if necessary
- Give a brief outline of which issues you will explore.
Contains the points outlined in your introduction, divided into paragraphs.