Mt Darwin Man (41) Dies From Too Much Musombodhiya
30 August 2021
A 41-year-old Mount Darwin man died after consuming too much illicit beer (musombodhiya) at a local shop on Thursday.
Musombodhiya is a cheap and highly addictive street brew that is said to include harmful substances such as cleaning detergents, bicarbonate of soda, thinners, methylated spirit and sugar to make its impact stronger and last longer.
Featured ProductDstv and Openview Satellite Dish installation in and around Harare
Reports indicate that the now-deceased Stanley Gomo of Zindoga village’s health deteriorated and died on his way to a local hospital.
Acting Mashonaland Central provincial police spokesperson Assistant Inspector Naison Dhliwayo confirmed that Gomo died after drinking beer excessively. He said:
His friend Talent Chaurawa tried to render first aid services and ferried his friend to the hospital, but he died along the way. His body is at Mount Darwin hospital awaiting post-mortem.