Liberation Struggle Pioneer Wereki Sandiyani To Be Buried Saturday
1 October 2021
The Ministry of Home Affairs and Cultural Heritage has announced that the burial of the late national hero Wereki Sandiyani alias Philimon Gabela will be on Saturday 02 October 2021 at the National Heroes Acre. Sandiyani who was one of the pioneers of the country’s liberation struggle died on September 26. Pindula News presents the programme as posted by the ministry.
REF: BURIAL ARRANGEMENTS FOR THE LATE NATIONAL HERO CDE WEREKI SANDIYANI, ALIAS PHILLIMON GABELA
1. The Ministry of Home Affairs and Cultural Heritage wishes to advise that all is now set for the burial of national hero Cde Wereki Sandiyani, which will take place tomorrow, Saturday 2 October 2021, at the National Heroes Acre.
Featured ProductsAdvertise your products on Pindula for free
2. The body of the late national hero has already been transferred from Bindura to Harare and is now lying in state at Doves Funeral Parlour in Harare.
3. The burial which will be presided over by His Excellency the President of the Republic of Zimbabwe Cde Dr E.D Mnangagwa, will also be attended by Vice President Honourable Gen (Rtd) Dr C.G.D.N Chiwenga and Vice President and Second Secretary of the ruling party, Zanu PF Col (Rtd) Cde K.C.D Mohadi.
4. Tomorrow's burial programme will start early than has been previously the case, with the funeral cortege arriving at the National Shrine at 0925 hrs, following which the official programme will commence.
5. In strict compliance with the Covid-19 pandemic protocols, only the following have been invited to attend the burial ceremony;
i. The Speaker of the National Assembly
ii. The President of the Senate
iii. The Chief Justice
iv. The Minister of Defence and War Veterans Affairs
v. ZANU PF Secretary for Administration
vi. The Minister of Home Affairs and Cultural Heritage
vii. Minister of State for Provincial Affairs and Devolution fin Harare Metropolitan Province
viii. The Minister of Information, Publicity and Broadcasting Services
ix. The Chief Secretary to the Office of the President and Cabinet
x. The Chairperson of the Public Service Commission xi. Deputy Chief Secretaries
xii. A limited number of Permanent Secretaries and;
xiii. Service Chiefs
All other people are kindly requested to watch the programme on virtual platforms.
More: Pindula News