Cabinet: Sports Resume, No Quarantine For Travellers From Delta-Affected Countries
1 September 2021
Cabinet on Tuesday resolved that there is no longer any need to quarantine travellers from countries that were considered to be afflicted with the Delta variant before such as India.
This is because the Delta variant is now 98 per cent of COVID-19 cases in Zimbabwe. Pindula News presents some of the Cabinet resolutions as reported by Information, Publicity and Broadcasting Services Minister Senator Mutsvangwa at a post-Cabinet media briefing yesterday in the capital.
- Plain t-shirts all colours
- LEGRANT DSTV PAYMENT SOLUTIONS ON ECOCASH/ZIPIT
- Mathematics and Combined Science All Secondary levels
1) All local activities in which the participants are below the age of 14, shall in all cases be checked for COVID-19 symptoms, have regular temperature checks and follow social distancing protocols as well as play sport with the same age group where possible.
2) Athletes or Children aged 14-18 are highly recommended to get vaccinated and the National Sports Associations can work with the Sports Recreation Commission to get this done.
3) All Sports Clubs must ensure that their coaches, managers and any support staff are vaccinated.
4) Sporting activities can now be resumed subject to strict observance of COVID-19 prevention measures and protocols. Attendant staff should be vaccinated.
5) Gymnasia and health spas can now open to only vaccinated clients. All staff should also be vaccinated.
6) Cinemas and theatres can now allow 50 per cent sitting capacity of vaccinated clients and all workers should be vaccinated.
The resolutions are made at the backdrop of a decrease in the number of new coronavirus infections and deaths in recent weeks.
More: Pindula News